This visa is a Permanent Work Visa category called the Australia Skilled Independent Visa - Subclass 189. There is an annual roll -out for shortage of labor force requiring specific skills. Overseas individuals who qualify for the same may fill up these vacancies in Australia. For acquiring this visa, the aspiring candidate has to score a minimum of 60 points in the SkillSelect. This is not a sponsored visa meaning that the candidates do not need any sort of sponsorship from either Australian state or Australian territory.
Basic Requirements for Australia Skilled Independent Visa
- The Visa applicant's age must be 18 and less than 50 years at the time.
- They should meet certain qualifications that is required for the specific skill.
- The skills experience must be related to or experienced on the SOL Skilled Occupations List.
- They must at least have English language skills of ‘competent’ level.
- The candidates must get a positive Skills Assessment by a relevant authority for the specified Skilled Occupation.
Benefits of Skilled Independent Visa - Subclass 189
- Candidates granted this visa can live like a permanent resident in Australia.
- Enjoy all of the Visa Benefits of Australia Permanent Residence Visa.
- This includes health-care benefits at government run health-care centers.
- This visa holders can live, work and study and choose to settle down permanently in Australia.
- After living there for a period of 2 years they are entitled to other benefits like social security benefits and kids get subsidy schooling, etc.
- After a certain period of time, they become eligible to apply for Australian citizenship. Enjoy the benefits of citizens of Australia.
- Citizens of the country can also travel in and out to a few select countries without visa.
Note: Other basic requirements for Australian Skilled Migration will apply for the candidates who would like to apply for the Subclass 189. So, do consult professional Visa & Immigration Consultants