Australia Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)
This is a Australia Permanent Visa for Skilled workers on nomination basis by a state /territory in Australia. Like other visas, there is an electronic selection system for this visa or a Points - Based Selection criteria. With this visa, the primary visa applicant and his family members that are eligible and included in the application may live and work in Australia for an indefinite time period.
Earlier, in the years 2012 to 2013, there were two other visas namely the Australia Skilled Sponsored (subclass 176) & another onshore Australia skilled sponsored (subclass 886). so, this Australia Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa now takes their place.
Similar to all other visas based on points, the Subclass 190 Visa also requires the candidate to first submit the details online through EOI (Expression of Interest). A candidate who wishes to apply for this visa category may do so online via Skill Select. He or she may either do so while in Australia or even outside of Australia.
After the eligible candidate meets all the requirements and is nominated by a certain region in Australia which may be a state or territory, then he receives the ‘Invitation to Apply’.
Ø The primary visa applicant may live and work along with Eligible Family Members once issued the visa successfully.
Ø They become eligible for health care benefits in Australia’s Medi-care scheme.
Ø Social security benefits
Ø Sponsor eligible relatives from overseas
Ø After a while, apply for Australia citizenship and enjoy all the benefits thereafter for Australians.
Eligibility for ‘Invitation to Apply’.
1. Candidate must possess related experience of skills that is listed on Australia's Skilled Occupations List.
2. The assessing authority for the Nominated Skilled Occupation must give positive assessment of the skill.
3. Candidate must be over 18 years of age and below 50 years of age at the time of issue of ‘Invitation to Apply’.
4. Basic clearance for Skilled Migration requirements including health & character check.
5. English language clearance.
6. Minimum of 60 points on the points- based test.