Australia Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
This temporary visa allows graduates from engineering stream to study and work in Australia. However this is only for a brief period of time which is one -and- a- half years or 18 months. During this time they have the right to study and work in Australia on a Subclass 476 Visa.
Like most visas, this also has an eligibility test. However, it is not the points based selection test. An eligible graduate from an accredited engineering university is eligible to apply for this visa. Once in Australia, the candidate may wish to pursue Australia Permanent Residency there. This would be either be a General Skilled Migration or an employer sponsored visa. The candidate would have to apply for any of these Permanent Visas during the 18 months tenure.
It is advisable to candidates who wish to apply for change of status while under the 18 months tenure, under this visa category to participate in culture orientation programs. They may start working under Australian Employers or pursue further studies from a University in Australia. Moreover, the primary visa applicant’s dependent accompanying family members are allowed to live, study, or work for the same visa duration period.
Eligibility Requirements for Australian Skilled Graduate Visa – Subclass 476
Candidate must hold a bachelors / Masters/Doctoral degree or Postgraduate Diploma from the following specialization fields of engineering: -
1) Civil Engineering
2) Chemical Engineering
3) Environmental Engineering
4) Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
5) Mechanical, Production /plant Engineering
6) Mining /Material Engineering
7) Structural Engineering
- Candidates must have completed any one of the above qualifications within the immediate prior couple of years to application.
- Above one qualification must be from a recognized institute/ university.
- Candidates age must be less than 31 years of age.
- Candidate must meet character check/ health check requirements.