Australia Skilled Regional Subclass Visa - 489
This is a temporary visa categorized under the Skilled Migration. Eligible candidate have to submit details online in the electronic system. Moreover, they must be willing to work and live in a Regional or Low Population Growth Area for as long as the visa is valid which can also be four years. The aspirating overseas Australia Skilled Worker must be nominated by an Australian state/ territory or must be sponsored by an eligible relative. The relative who sponsors the candidate must also be residing in the designated region. Also, the visa applicant’s eligible family members come under the same visa as Australia PR Visa.
Requirements for Australia Skilled Regional Subclass Visa - 489
1. An Australian state /territory government must nominate such visa aspirants. An eligible relative may also sponsor such Candidates.
2. This visa requires you to apply through Skill Select – an electronic points based selection system.
3. The candidate who wishes to apply for this visa may do so while he is within the country or outside too.
4. The state/ territory nominates candidate to live & work in a ‘Regional or Low Population Growth Areas in Australia’ for up to a period of 4 years.
5. Candidate must prove the information he has entered while submitting the ‘Expression of Interest’.
Note:- Visa Applications are only through ‘Invitation to Apply’
Basic Requirements for ‘Invitation to Apply’:
Related work experience that is on the Australia Skilled Occupations List for the nominated occupation .
You will only receive the ‘Invitation to Apply’ if you have submitted the ‘Expression of Interest’ EOI
Basic Requirements to Qualify ‘Expression of Interest’:
(a) Candidates must be between the age of 18 to 50 (not touched 50) at the time you receive the Invitation To Apply.
(b) The minimum pass score for this is 60 on the points -based assessment system.
(c) Candidate must meet and prove all the basic requirements for Skilled Migration:
i. Health/Medical Check
ii. Character Check
There are also some obligations that the candidate has to fulfill as per the requirement such as Visa Obligation: -
1) There are certain obligations that the candidate must fulfill required by the State/ Territory that nominates him/ her.
2) Candidates must notify the State /territory regarding any changes in case of moving.
3) Remain within the territory/ state for a minimum period of 2 years.
4) Sometimes the candidate is required to provide information or complete surveys.