Canada Dependent Visa
Canada is a country where several people from all over the world migrate to each year for various purposes. This includes working professionals, students, families to be united together, etc. There are 60 various Canada Permanent Residence Visa schemes & Canada Immigration schemes for various types of people. There is a specific visa class that is only for spouse and dependent children. This is called the Canada Dependent Visa class. Under this visa there are strict requirements for the sponsor to fulfill so that he can sponsor his eligible family members to join him there. Here are the basic details about it.
Requirements for the Canada Dependent Visa Sponsor:
(1) Sponsor must be a minimum age of 18 years and above.
(2) He or she must show sufficient funds to be able to provide the basic living necessities of the relative.
(3) Please note that the period of with you will have to show ability to financially support them depends on the relative. It may vary anywhere from 3 years to 10 years also.
(4) In case in the past, the sponsor has sponsored relatives and then unable to financially support them or have turned to the government for upkeep, then the sponsor may not be able to sponsor another persons.
Requirements for the Canada Dependent Visa/ Spouse:
1. Candidate must be 18 years of age
2. Legally married to the sponsor with marriage certificate.
3. Or must be a common – law partner relationship with sponsor.
4. Spouse must not suffer from any serious illnesses.
5. Must pass all the criminality checks and not involved in any criminal activities.
6. The marriage ceremony must be as per the law of the country where the couple is from and also be legal as per Canadian law.