Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program
The Federal Skill Trade Class is a Canada Permanent Residence Visa or Canada Immigration Visa. Under this program, the visa holder may work anywhere in the country (except the province of Quebec). In order to apply for this visa class the candidate must have work experience in certain occupations along with an experience certificate. The candidate’s visa application form may be summed up based on his or her ability to build up financial stability there.
At present, there are a few groups that come under this trade category. The Major & Minor Groups are as follows:
1. Major Groups – 72 (Industrial Trades, Electrical Trades, Construction Trades)
2. Major Groups – 73 (Maintenance Trades, Equipment Operation Trades)
3. Major Groups – 82 Technical Jobs In Natural Resources, Agriculture & related Production/ Supervisory
4. Major Groups – 92 Utilities, Processing & Manufacturing Central Control Operators & Supervisors
5. Minor Groups – 632 Cooks/ Chefs
6. Minor Groups – 633 Bakers/ Butlers
How to Apply?
Candidates who wish to apply for this visa may score points by entering details on the Express Entry Points Based Selection System. A Canadian province or territory must issue a qualification certificate to the candidate which is the basic eligibility requirement for this visa class. Otherwise, the candidate may hold work experience of one year each from up to two employers. Candidates must be able to perform the same occupational duties as in the work experience that was done earlier.
The candidate’s Language proficiency must meet the basic set benchmark. For reading and writing, candidate must score CLB 4. in the same way, the candidate has to score a minimum of CLB 5 for speaking and listening. (Canadian Level Benchmark). The language proficiency test results must be certified by an accredited language institute. The candidate must have 2 years of work experience in the specified occupation in the last five years.